Saturday, March 17, 2012

Beautiful Day!

Happy St. Patrick's day! No, sadly, I won't be consuming green beer, but we DID have some green pancakes!




                             Complete with a green plate ;)
                                       My little helpers!



After I cleaned the house, I headed out with my friend Rachel to Stay True Tattoo. I promptly shoved all my personal sketches and printouts of what I want for my latest tattoo at the first person who talked to us. I have an appointment set up for a couple weeks from now! I'm super pumped about it, I've been wanting another tattoo for ages and it's taken me awhile to fine tune exactly what I wanted.

After tattoo talk, we headed out to just about every consignment shop Amarillo has to offer. For less than $50 my kids pretty much have brand new wardrobes. I love consignment/thrift store shopping! Aiden has been growing like a weed lately, seriously. I have had to buy him SO many new pairs of pants this year. It's like every 2-3 months he grows another couple inches. He's so thin he could still fit into 3T sized pants, but they end at his knees. He's now in a 5/6 for length. Sheesh kid. Anyway, I got tired of heading to Old Navy or Children's Place every few months and dropping more cash than I wish to part with on stuff he grows out of so fast. He now has 6 new pairs of pants (some for play, some for school)!

I have happily talked to four people today that are real friends. Rachel I saw in person! I may only see them here and there, but when we hang out it's like we never parted. We are drama free with each other. I can ask them for advice, without them losing their minds if I don't take it. I miss my Blenders the most. She also became an army wife and lives far, far away from our hometown of Canyon. I've only seen her maybe 4-5 times since we graduated high school like 7 years ago (holy crap...7 years ago...), but it's never awkward or anything when we hang out. It's like we just saw each other yesterday. None of my friends judge me for anything. It's truly amazing after the craziness that I've been through in the last 2-3 years at Campbell.

I spent the last couple hours working in the front garden. It was already set up, but it was in pretty bad shape. There is a ton of rose bushes, which is cool because they're pretty resilient and I'm not sure how much of a green thumb I have. There was also a ton of dead leaves, some "rocks" that were actually crumbling cement I guess? I'm not sure but it was definitely crumbing and making a mess. Oh, and an overload of garden decor (like gnomes, mushroom houses, several rabbits, etc)....I got rid of most of that. I left the gnome and the mushroom house ;) Anyway, raked and pulled weeds and got dirt in my eyes, and it was great. I really enjoyed being out in the sun and the warmth and the fresh air. At one point, Aiden, my little helper, was taking off with all the rocks that surrounds the rose bushes (each bush has a bunch of rocks around it lol) and I told him to stop because I'm not sure what order they go in...then it dawned on me: It doesn't matter! It's my house and my garden so they can go in whatever order I put them in! Or I can toss the lot of them, which I'm still considering. Either way, it doesn't matter what the previous owner thought anymore. It's mine!

I hope you had a beautiful day, and hopefully got to enjoy some of this amazing weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment