Friday, March 16, 2012

Criss Family Traditions

I thought I'd end today by sharing a weekly tradition we started when we moved into our new house.

Friday night is officially "Movie Night" in this house. Rylie goes to bed at 7 p.m., but in the future she will be included in on it as well. For the time being, Aiden gets to pick a movie off of netflix or redbox (depending on if we go near a redbox that day lol), we all pile on the couch with goodies such as popcorn, icecream, tootsie rolls, chocolate milk, and other fine cuisines. We munch and we watch whatever Aiden has picked out. It's a fine tradition. One I look forward to including Rylie in on when she gets a little older.

I look forward to times like this; I don't always appreciate every second I have with my kids right now. There are days where I want to rip my hair out by the roots and run out the door, hop in my car, and never come back (kidding...kinda). I love them more than anything in the world, but they can definitely drive me crazy, and I definitely don't get a lot of 'me' time like some moms do. Our movie night tradition is a reminder of the fact that in just a few more years, these kids won't be spending Friday night at home. They'll be out with their friends, and if they go see a movie, the last person in the world they'll want to see it with is their mom or dad. They'll be up to other youthful mischief (that is hopefully safe and legal), while we'll still be at home, missing the days when our babies wanted to cuddle up and watch a movie with us.

I want to make every moment count. So I invent traditions.

P.S. Sunday is "TV free day" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment