Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sunday was one of those amazing days I never want to end. We spent nearly the entire day out-of-doors, and it was lovely (besides the not so brief grocery shopping I had to do). We finally got a new grill, and grill we did. Steaks, hotdogs, grilled veggies...mmmmm.

One of our requirements for our new house was that it had a fenced in yard. I am SO glad we made it a requirement. You have no idea (or maybe you do) what it's like to live in apartments for 6 years, 4 of which you've had an active kid or two and no real place to let them run wild without taking off to the park or something. Not that parks aren't fun, but when you have to make a ton of effort to get there and then there is four thousand other people, and you have to dodge 50 kids to keep up with your own, it kind of takes the fun out of it...at least as the parent.

Now, we can let the kids (even Rylie) run around without worrying about cars zooming by, or them running into the street, or dodging other wild kids. It is AMAZING! We also have two trees in the backyard, which makes me beyond happy. Sometime I am so homesick for the east coast, with it's trees and water and lack of wind. The trees here make me happy. Aiden likes it too!

It takes everything in me to not freak out when he's up there. Every move he makes is like a mini-heart attack for me. I have to remind myself that I climbed trees at a younger age than him and survived. I still hover a bit though ;) can't help it.

Then Monday rolled around, and it was back to the early morning rush: school for me and Aiden, work for Jer, and the disgusting amount of homework. The best news? It's now officially Spring, and Summer is right around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment